Sunday, February 8, 2009

Still Summer

One of my favorite authors has done it again. Jacquelyn Mitchard never disappoints me, and Still Summer is no exception. I grabbed this one on CD, and I actually would find myself sitting in the car in my garage because I couldn't wait to find out what came next. Her novels are so unique and so different from each other.

Still Summer
is about a group of women who have been best friends since high school. Olivia, a wealthy widow, is moving back to the U.S. from Italy where her late husband owned a vineyard. She's a royal pain in the ass. And even as the book continued, I began to like her even less. But her friends stand by her and they have all agreed to take Olivia on a sailing vacation to welcome her home. Holly, Tracy and Janice are the other three, but when Janice's husband falls ill, Tracy decides to bring her 19-year old daughter, Camille, in Janice's place. A vacation that is meant to be all about relaxation and old friendships turns tragic in an instant. Now these four women have to fight for survival and pray to be rescued. I can't tell you any more than that. Just read it! For me this book contained suspense, emotion and overall great storytelling. I highly recommend it.

___________
* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment