Monday, August 25, 2008

I love the library

One day I will have a house with enough room to have a fabulous bookshelf that will hold all of my fave reads. But right now I take advantage of the public library. Shame on me, but I have been going to the Rocky River Public Library for years and avoiding my own. The main reason for this was when I first moved to Lakewood the library was small and had very little to choose from, especially in the realm of books on tape. I just got in the habit of going to RRPL because they had everything I needed. Recently, I have been reading about and driving past the newly renovated Lakewood Public Library and telling myself that I need to support my community's library. Today I got a cool mailing about all the library has to offer. And I stumbled upon this:

Knit & Lit Book Club
Here’s a new kind of book club for both the knit-a-holic and the incurable bibliophile. Lynda Tuennerman will get us started with the first book selection. After that, meetings will grow organically like a long, long scarf as members make suggestions for books and needlework projects. We’ll keep our hands and minds busy on the third Tuesday of every month, sharing literary insights and personal projects. To register, please call 226-8275 ext. 127.

How fun is this?! Combining two of my favorite hobbies. Even the next book selection sounds cool:

The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich
Tuesday, September 16 at 7:00 p.m. in the Main Library Meeting Room



I'm not normally a fan of book clubs, but this one piqued my interest. Who wants to join me??

1 comment:

  1. Knit and lit?? That's awesome. I wish I could fit it into my schedule. Thanks for sharing this with us! (Found you on the Cleveland Bloggers Network)

    ReplyDelete