Tuesday, October 30, 2007

You Suck

Literally. OK, who wouldn't want to read a book with such a funny title? I checked out this book on CD from my library and gave it a shot. You Suck is about vampires...actually a guy who sleeps with a girl, who, unbeknown to him, is already a vampire, which now makes him one. I think the story is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it wasn't very funny to me. I only made it through one CD – barely.

And because I always have this displaced sense of loyalty when it comes to books (which I am trying very hard to break, I swear), I had to check out the author's web site. Christopher Moore appears to be a pretty successful author. He's written at least 10 books, and it seems like they are all on a humorous level. I like funny books! But I guess I just don't get the vampire thing. And I can't necessarily say I was intrigued enough to try another of his titles. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I stumbled across Christopher Moore rather recently myself. My first foray into his world was also a book on CD. It was "A Dirty Job" where a guy gets tapped to actually be Death. It was friggin hilarious! I have since listened to "The Stupidest Angel" which was also at times laugh out loud funny. I do think though that these books are more suited to listening than reading.

    I think you need to give Chris another chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deal! That's why I love recommendations. I will get Dirty Job on CD. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete