Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Road...continues

There aren't many books that keep me thinking long after I've finished it. But it looks like The Road is one of them. Because the subject matter was so far away from anything I personally have ever read, I am craving to learn more about it. I continued to ask myself while I was reading why the characters wouldn't just kill themselves out of sheer desperation. It was also so stressful and gut-wrenching that I was tempted to put it down unfinished (I know someone that had to do just that). On the other hand, it was so beautifully written that I didn't want to miss a word. And although I was told there was no happy ending, I had to read it for myself to really believe it.

Anyway, a friend sent me this article which helped me put a little more insight into the book.
The Road Through Hell, Paved With Desperation helped me see a little more clearly. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment