Friday, September 14, 2007

Where to begin?

It's not like today is the first day I begin reading. With all the great books I've read in the past, it seems sad to let them go unmentioned. There are items on my top ten list that will change, I'm sure; it was very hard to commit to that list. And with this year 75% over, I'm not even sure I can remember all that I have read in 2007.

There are also authors that I follow and always grab their newest release. Ann Patchett, Maeve Binchy and Augusten Burroughs are ones I keep up with. And why won't Wally Lamb write another novel?? I think about his two books, She's Come Undone and I Know This Much is True, all the time. I beg him to write more.

It should already be evident that I am a fiction reader. Books take me out of the noise and stress of daily life and into a place that relaxes me. I have to put a book in my hands every night before I shut the light off, whether it's a single page that I read or several chapters.

2 comments:

  1. First off I like your blog. I too smell my books. Some of my friends think me weird for it, but I find it extremely satisfying.

    Second, if you like Ann Patchett, her new book just came out. I am afraid to start it because I know I will plow through it and then I will be left waiting for her next novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words! "Run" is added to my list. I can't wait. I'd love to hear any other great book suggestions you might have.

    ReplyDelete