Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bad Dog, Marley!

On top of what I normally read, I also get to read lots of children's books. Lucky for me, I have a two-year old niece who has adopted her Auntie Amy's passion for reading. And this week, my friend who works at a bookstore, was able to get me an autographed copy of Bad Dog, Marley! by John Grogan. It's even personalized with Emily's name!

I have heard that this is Grogan's children's version of Marley & Me, and that the stories in the book are all true based on the author's own yellow Lab. Now I am eager to make the comparison. Either way, the story is sweet and funny and the illustrations are adorable. Richard Cowdry was able to capture the expressions from a puppy to an adult dog with endearing accuracy.

This book will be a great gift for any child, especially Emily.

2 comments:

  1. Let's hope Bad Dog, Marley doesn't bring the tears that Marley and Me brought! Dogs rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Amy - bummed I had to find you on my own!

    and to mrizert - Bad Dog Marley doesn't end the same way Marley and Me does - it is a kid's book after all!

    ReplyDelete