Thursday, June 25, 2009

New Moon

by Stephenie Meyer

Definitely in deep. Even though I didn't like New Moon as much as Twilight. I'm fully committed...or should I say I should be committed??

Addiction is a crazy thing. Even if it's to something as silly as a Young Adult series of novels. I find myself going to bed at a ridiculously early hour just to read (and read and read) until it's way later than it should be on a school night. Losing sleep over vampires and werewolves is not cool. But it's a fact.

Edward disappears for most of this book and Jacob is center stage in Bella's life now. Although I think he was more just a whiny, 16-year old boy. Can't say I liked Jacob very much. I missed Edward terribly. After all, that's what I am reading these books for! Gimme juicy, sparkly love.

But in the last 150 pages or so, it got interesting. So much so that I was actually reading while I was walking through the airport. Dork. I just needed to find out immediately how it ended.

There isn't much else to say that hasn't already been said by however many million people. But it's at this point that I am sure I want to rent the movie. ASAP. Oh, and I will also be going to bed early tonight to tackle Eclipse.

_______________
* * * * *

2 comments:

  1. We own the Twilight movie - I'll bring it in for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im about a third of the way thru breaking dawn. it’s so funny...i just flew thru 2 and 3 over vacation. it’s like french fries for me. i know they aren’t good for me, but i cant stop.

    ReplyDelete