Sunday, August 30, 2009

The "M" word

Ick. Isn't it funny how people can like a certain word and in turn cringe at the sound of another? Why does the English language have that kind of power over us?

It's no secret what the three words I dislike the most are. I even told you about them – and I rarely tell people what they are because it only encourages them to string all three into a disgusting sentence. But apparently I'm not alone here with word #1: moist. There are online articles out there! There are even Facebook groups formed in solidarity against the word that makes me swallow when I say it. Isn't there a better way to describe cake and towelettes?! And pretty much any word with the "oy" sound is kind of gross. Soil, ointment....

Anyway, this article is hilarious. I had to share. Read it, then tell me what word you absolutely hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment