Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Another kind of reading

So I think I've become slightly obsessed with blogging. Granted, I've been reading really slow lately (aka no new posts), but that doesn't mean I don't think about this blog all the time and try to think of topics to post in between my current reading selection. I also think that reading other blogs has become one of my favorite things to do throughout the day. It is a great way to take a quick, 10-minute break and catch up with what is going on around me. I've noticed that most of the blogs I follow have a list of other favorite blogs, but I thought I'd tell you about my favorites in its own post. (I'm kind of rigid, and the thought of adding another list in the sidebar of my page just makes me think "messy.") I hope you find some new favorites from my list, but also, let me know if there's a great read out there that I haven't found yet. In no particular order:

Zach Braff
: I love him. I love Scrubs. He hasn't posted since September, but I still check every day hoping I can get any kind of update from him. When will we see new episodes of Scrubs again?!?!

Cleveland foodie: I love food, I love eating out, and I am sick of chains. Her recommendations are always delicious and her blog is easy to read. When you can't think of somewhere to eat, you will get plenty of ideas from Michelle!

Confessions of a Cohabitant: Hilarious. Short posts that say a lot. Since I know both of the people involved, it's funny to catch her views that she makes so public. But sometimes I have to wonder, how do they stand each other? But that's what makes for great reading!

White Collar Redneck
: The name says it all, doesn't it? Why this guy didn't decide to be a writer when he grew up is beside me.

As the nest empties: A friend of mine who shares a voracious interest in books. She also always has a crazy story to tell about one of her three children or her two dogs.

Blogging Jason: Slightly twisted, slightly disturbing. Can't miss a minute of it. Each post title is a city that somehow relates to the post. A fun puzzle in itself!

Barrier Island Girl: A fantastic photographer who lives in Florida and shares the beauty she sees daily with the rest of us. Makes me crave sunshine on a dreary Cleveland day.

Whine & Cheese: Everything from pop culture to American Idol to politics. Oh yeah, and last year he read 36 books!!! His book reviews are great – very neutral, allowing the reader to form her own opinion about whether to pick up that title or not.

I Heart Cleveland: A quick daily update on what is happening around our fair city.

Ooo Baby it's a Wild World: A great friend with the singing voice of an angel. With both of us having busy schedules (plus she has three children), it's a great way for me to keep up with what is happening in her life.

Hot Coffee Girl: She has been blogging longer than anyone I know. A terrific sense of humor and outstanding writing style. Come on girl, you can get it back!

Eating Cleveland: Restaurant and food reviews with a whole new perspective. This guy loves to eat and isn't afraid to say so.

fitsugar: A little hard to keep up with at an average of about 15 posts a day (WOW!), but the information is great. Tips, tricks, techniques, recipes...all about being healthy. Ooh, and crazy yoga poses too.

Diet Blog: Fitness and nutrition tips with nice visuals. The topics are fresh and I don't feel like I've read that same diet tip for the millionth time.

Random Thoughts from a Random Kind of Guy: Illustrations of all kinds. I always remember what Mark said to me when I was choosing a college major. "Always, always draw."

4 comments:

  1. Jesus -- that IS a long reading list. And I thought I was following a lot of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just slightly?

    Maybe I'll finally post up that one about my adventures in man-scaping.

    Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nod! I have a crush on Zack, too! Vey exciting to see Scrubs back on last night. If only Michael Johns wouldn't have been kicked off, it would have been a perfect night of TV...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete