Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Rosie Project

by Graeme Simsion
December 2013-January 2014

Don Tillman has Asperger's Syndrome. But don't tell him. He doesn't realize it. He's extremely intelligent; a genetics professor, but sometimes the most obvious is also the least obvious. Upon meeting a new person, Don estimates his age and approximate BMI. Hilarious.

Don is looking for a wife. That's where Rosie comes in. She is the exact opposite of everything he requires in a mate. Of course, that's what made this book so enjoyable. I'm not sure I would have liked The Rosie Project as much if I would have read the physical book. The story really benefitted from the narration of Dan O'Grady and his excellent Australian accent (his English accent, not-so-much).

Overall, I wouldn't say this book had much "meat" to it. Don't yell at me, some will argue with that for sure. Maybe I can say it had less substance than what I normally read. But that doesn't make it any less of a treat. For once, I just don't have a lot to say about it.

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment