Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Awesome Awful Popularity Plan

by Seth Rudetsky
June 2013

It's no secret that I love Broadway shows. LOVE. In my head I'm a triple threat. I only wish I was in real life. Dream job. And to quote Seth, "anyhooo..."

Who is Seth Rudetsky you may ask? Well if you listen to the Broadway channel on Sirius, you already know (come on, don't roll your eyes at me, it's a great channel!). He knows everything there is about Broadway musicals and has a highly entertaining interview show that I never miss. So when I heard about this book, and it was on sale on Audible, I just had to get it. Even though it was touted as young adult, I was still interested because it's narrated by a bunch of great actors, like Megan Hilty (oh Smash, I miss you already!!) and Jesse Tyler Ferguson, of Modern Family fame.

Justin is a 15-year old high school sophomore struggling with his sexuality and popularity (or lack thereof). When he develops a plan to get the cutest boy in high school to like him, meanwhile becoming super popular, he finds he is losing his best friend, Spencer, in the process. Popularity Plan is funny, poignant and the perfect book for audio.

* * * * *


No comments:

Post a Comment