Sunday, February 20, 2011

Eat the Popcorn

Today was a rare Sunday in which I didn't have any freelance obligations. But instead of laying like broccoli reading on the couch all day, I decided to organize my ginormous pile of recipes. Super productive and now I'm inspired to cook lots of yummy meals. Tonight's wasn't too shabby, if I do say so myself.

And last night I had a pajama party with my five-year old niece. After make-your-own-pizzas, cookies and ice cream sundaes, we watched one of my faves, Alice in Wonderland and ate a big bowl of popcorn. At bedtime I was one proud Auntie as I witnessed a super smart girl read me an entire book! I can't stop smiling as I think about my brilliant reader. She definitely takes after me.

This morning we decided to feed the leftover popcorn to the birds, but we needed to be sure the birds knew it was OK. Now I have a beautifully hand-written sign hanging in my window:

Did I mention that I was proud?!?


1 comment: