Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

by Stephenie Meyer

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (Twilight Saga)I'm so sucked in. As angry as I get at that martyr Bella, I can't help but love Edward and the fantasy life of Meyer's vampires. And if I haven't said it before, the version of Edward in my mind is way hotter than RPatt. I went super cheap too, and read it for free online (during the month of June on Meyer's website). No way was I paying $9.99 to read a measly 178 pages on my kindle.

I think everyone knows this was not a good novella. Terrible reviews, most calling the protagonist Poor Vampire Trash (PVT). There is nothing glamorous about Bree  like there is about the Cullens. Yet, I have to say that it was pretty interesting to see the "other side" of the vampire existence. And I did like finally understanding the impetus for the big battle of the Cullens vs. Every Other Freaking Vampire in Existence. I also suppose I felt a little sorry for Bree at the end too.

"Take care of that, Felix," Jane said indifferently, nodding at me. "I want to go home."
"Don't watch," the redheaded mindreader whispered.

I closed my eyes.

I read The Short Second Life before I saw New Moon, so it was kind of cool to recognize who Bree was and pay attention to her demise while I watched the movie. And call me a nerd, but I'm pretty excited for the two-part Breaking Dawn finale.

Bottom line is this: If you've invested time into reading all four Twilight books, read this one. It will take a couple hours, max.









_______________
* * * * *

1 comment:

  1. "I'm so sucked in." LOL I get it . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete